Relearn Option Because learning is the most important aspect of completing assignments, you are allowed ONE opportunity to relearn any formative assignments to achieve a higher level of proficiency. To take advantage of this opportunity, you must demonstrate proof of additional preparation by providing ‘corrections’. (See: 'How to do corrections' below.) Doing the ‘corrections’ allows you to have the opportunity to retake the assignment for a higher grade. You have five days (from the day you receive the graded assignment back from the teacher) to take advantage of this relearn opportunity.
Before redoing an assignment, talk to your teacher. You and your teacher will discuss what went wrong and why you had problems with the assignment. You will then work out what and how you should do corrections. If you need to do standard corrections, do the following:
What you need: the graded assignment and a separate piece of paper What to do: 1. Make four columns on the piece of paper.
2. In the first column, write the section and number of the item you got wrong.
3. In the second column, write the item you got wrong.
4. In the third column, write why the item is wrong.
5. In the fourth column, write the item in the correct form.
6. Show your corrections along with the original assignment to your teacher. Your teacher will ask you a few questions to ensure you are ready for a redo. 7. Schedule a redo with your teacher and redo the assignment.
All work must be turned in before the summative assignment (exam/project) is given for the corresponding chapter. The teacher will not accept work for a chapter after a summative.
Teacher Help: I am available for help sessions before school (8-8:25AM) most days. Make an appointment before coming in. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-561-7415.